1. Be familiar with your child's science standards. Visiting this link will help you understand what your child is expected to know at each grade level.
2. Go to the local library to check out some Outstanding Science Trade Books. Reading any science books, even if it is not the the current topic of study, will help your child become a more critical science thinker.
3. Conduct simple science experiments at home.
4. Understand misconceptions in science so that you can help your child understand the concepts correcly.
5. Visit the science links provided on our blog. The Gizmos provides fantastic online simulations that power inquiry and understanding.
6. Always, show a positive attitude towards science even if it may not be your favorite subject.